Join our journey from noob runners/cyclists to DeathRacers
and cyclists who have completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sweet Victory!!!

Sweet Victory! Ah, to be stress free, once again. I am one of those fortunate people that absolutely loves their job. I love what I do, the people I meet, and the company that I work for, and the places I get to experience while working. So the stress that I place on my self can be enormous, because I simply want to be exactly where I am. For those people who don't know me, every 6 months I am up for 'Sim' training, which in the pilot world means, one or two days of simulated emergencies followed by a PPC (pilot proficiency check), which is graded as a pass or a fail. If you fail, it is at the company's discretion if they want to send you for more training followed by another ride. In the last three days I have experienced (in the simulator): -engine failures -engine fires -a cargo fire that would not extinguish -double generator failure -pressurization failure -double engine failure with an off airfield landing, since numerous attempts to restart the engines failed. -unable to land due to terrible weather, followed by an engine failure while in the go-around (a number of times). -and other failures and weather issues. At this moment I feel stress free and absolutely blessed. I am good to fly for 6 more months, when I have to go for more training. That is the way it is, until I retire :) Needless to say, my training, for the run and the ride have been put to the side. Starting tomorrow, I will have to get back into the swing of things. But for tonight.....a glass of red and a slice of pizza. Oh, how I love life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment