Join our journey from noob runners/cyclists to DeathRacers
and cyclists who have completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Just do it...


I managed to drag myself down to the gym this evening, kicking and screaming. It was indeed a sight to behold, even if it is physically impossible and really only happened in my mind.

Did. Not. Want. To. Go. The comfy chair swallowed my motivation and I was completely ensconced in my slug mode. But yet something weird happened. I stopped procrastinating. Just like that, out of nowhere. WEIRD. Ask anyone who knows me. Bizarro!

I suspect it may have had something to do with the information package that came today for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. I looked at the training program it suggested. Ah crap. I mean, AH CRAP! I have *no* freaking clue how I am going to sort this one out, throwing cycling into the mix. The DeathRace was an easy target - am running now so to continue to build endurance seems not that daunting. But with cycling - and a suggested ride of 120k by June - I feel completely out of my league.

And yet, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt it's possible. I'm going to do it, I just don't know how exactly. Yet.

Which brings me back to me going to the gym for a quick round of strength training when my bum wanted to stay put. The only way I'm going to get through this is if I don't think about it, if I just do it instead. Throw myself at the mercy of ... myself, and see just how far I go. I am going to post this to remind myself the next time I lack the motivation that I've been there, mustered the energy and managed it just fine. And felt much better for it.

And hope that in 3 months I can lift more that 1o pounds with my shoulders. HAHAHA *so embarrassed*


~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment