Join our journey from noob runners/cyclists to DeathRacers
and cyclists who have completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer.

Friday, December 18, 2009

I GOT IT

Yesterday I got my package for the Ride to Conquer Cancer, I was super excited I think I even did a little dance. Woot Woot. I'm wearing my bracelet as I type.

I'm amazed at how many people out there are supporting me in this adventure. I was at the gym yesterday walking on the treadmill and working on not being so hippy when I walk, and therefore run, so that I can run without pain. Man is it hard to keep your gut tight well you focus on your form. The trainer with the girl next to me starting chatting with me about my goals. As soon as I told him about the Death Race and the ride, he told me he was going to monitor how much I hit the gym and call me if I dropped off. It was great! The more people I have keeping an eye on me the hard it will be for me to fall off and disappear, not that I could because I'm pretty sure my teammates would come to hunt me down and whip me till I ran. Even at work, they offer to buy me a donut pillow for my office chair. Awwww how sweet!

This morning I was back at the gym again, and on the spinning bike. Surprisingly this morning it didn't take me 5 snooze buttons and 45min to get out of bed. It was a new record at 4 mins! I did 60 mins on the bike. Woot Woot. I must that I love my Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor Pay the extra $20 to upgrade from the 205, to the one with the Heart Rate Monitor was so worth it!! It was a great to know what my heart rate was at and challenge myself to work harder. I only got up to 150, and averaged 146 with a low of 137 after my warm up, which wasn't pushing too hard cardio wise , but my legs were sore and like jello when I got off.

Tonight is the Running clinic and then I'm going out to dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment