Join our journey from noob runners/cyclists to DeathRacers
and cyclists who have completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm Committed...

Sabrina Here...
I put together a training program for us yesterday to actually train this crazy challenge, and WOW it's a lot of running, some biking and strength training.  I'm committed to this training program, which maybe means I should be committed, not sure.  3 days a week I workout twice a day, yikes. Good news is I now get 2 days off a week, where I will do NOTHING active!! Anyone that knows me will know not doing something active will drive me nuts!! I may need to start a support group. Not that I'm an exercise addict, but on my off days I normally go for walks or swim, or do yoga.  I like to do STUFF, and stuff in my world is rarely sitting on my couch watching TV.  But 2 days off will be good for me, especially since after a huge workout on Sunday, my Monday morning workout was a short bike ride, and then me laying on the mat for 10mins pretending to do ab work.  I'm pretty sure the whole gym was on to my act. I could tell I look pathetic.  So days off are GOOD, actually GREAT and important. 

I've told a couple people(anyone that will listen) that we are doing the Death Race solo, and I'm amazed by the range in replies, from you are crazy, good for you!!!  Looking at the training we have to do, it will be alot of work, but it's looking like we will be able to make a good dent in this race! Woot Woot

Last night Pammy crashed my clinic and we did a time trial a quick 5km.  I'm happy to say that I finished under 30min which is a PR for me.  I'm not a fast runner, but I think I did pretty good for myself.  By the end of this training I'm sure that will be nothing for me, but right now I'm super happy with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment