Join our journey from noob runners/cyclists to DeathRacers
and cyclists who have completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Let's get this party started!!

Hey folks, thanks for stopping by and taking a look at our little adventure! My name is Pam, and I am one of the Three Crazy Ladies (TM pending). The other two are Sabrina and Claudia, and will all be introducing themselves in short order.

The reason I call myself crazy is just this: I agreed to run the DeathRace before I had even run 10km. The DeathRace is Sabrina's venture, so I will leave that to her to describe. Then I let Claudia talk me into joining our friend Tom's team for the Alberta Ride to Conquer Cancer - neither of us own bikes, let alone ride. Since she talked Sabrina into that one as well, I'll leave that to her to describe.

Ooh, but now I have nothing to describe. Wewt! Good job passing the buck!



Meh, that's just boring. Hmmm. Well today I started weight training again, since now it's not just running muscles I need to develop. My dirty little secret is that I really like weight machines; there is just something about seeing how much you can actually lift/pull/push that is kind of titillating. Now I know my weak points - my quads are a wee bit tragic after 7 months of only running, and well, I have Kermit the Frog arms but fortunately I am not using them to do either of these events! Tomorrow is a double run day, good times. :)

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment