Join our journey from noob runners/cyclists to DeathRacers
and cyclists who have completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Defeated by a $0.30 piece of plastic


You would think that in a show-down with a two-button piece of plastic that I would win. Well, I think I should win but no, no... that's not the case. AGAIN!

I have one of these lovely Nike + SportBand. This exact one to be precise. It's great because I am nerdy and this keeps track of all my runs. As well as having access to coaching programs and other goodies, it broadcasts all my runs onto the internet for my entertainment and tortures my friends with it's inanity. I'll probably have to address a slight attention-whore syndrome in the future, but I am not entirely owning it right now.

So anyways, I have occasionally come up against the sportband by thinking that just because I pushed a button, it's working. If you are guessing that this thinking = fail, you'd be one up on me. What makes this whole thing even more embarrassing is the fact this has happened to me many times, which means I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to repeat experiences. *SO* mortified.

Bottom line: Technology is only as good as it's user! HAHA. Here's hoping I won't do it again. :)

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment