Join our journey from noob runners/cyclists to DeathRacers
and cyclists who have completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Crew Part Deux.....or is it Part Three?

Hi everyone, you have already met Pam (the first of the three crazies), and I am sure you will meet Sabrina (crazy part deux) in no time, so that leaves me…..My name is Claudia, and I am terzina in this group of ladies.

What makes me a little nutty? As of April 30, 2008 I had not run since Junior High School (which was finished in the ‘80s), and I have not been on a bicycle since elementary (which ended in the early ‘80s).

Whilst sitting by the pool in Orlando, I decided to go to my hotel room, change, and head for the gym. It was May 1st, and Pammie was starting her running program, so on the spur of the moment I decided to run. Luckily I had a pair of shorts and running shoes, but no other gear designed for runners.

I had noooooo intention of ever running more than 5 km, because really what for? So when Pam mentioned that I should join her and Sabrina in training for a 10k, I replied “Ah, no.”

But Sabrina is a crafty one, and suckered me into being a rogue group leader in her "learn to run class." I agreed, and that is when she dropped the bomb on poor unsuspecting Pammie and I.

Sabrina decided it would be a great idea if we signed up for the death race, she twisted Pammie’s rubber arm, and Pammie in turn twisted my rubber arm. Let me reiterate, at this point I was still running a maximum of 5k. So I headed to M.E.C and purchased some running gear J

Little did they know I would get my revenge. I signed up to cycle 200k in 2 days, Ride to Conquer Cancer, and just like dominos Pam and Sabrina joined the team. I need to point out that I don’t own anything remotely resembling a bike, or biking gear. I figured I would start safe, on a stationary bike, where I really can’t hurt myself to bad. What are the chances I will fall off, and hit my noodle on the curb? Fairly slim.

So I ask, who is the nuttiest of the nuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment